Current circumstances mean that our annual Giving Tree project is more important than ever! Despite the challenges, there WILL be a Giving Tree project this year – with some modifications to the usual procedures to ensure public safety. To participate in this year’s project, please read the following information carefully:
- Tags will be available from Nov. 8 to Nov. 15th at the following Walpole town locations during their business hours:
- First Congregational Church of Walpole (M-F 9-12, go to the side door by the ramp),
- St. Peter’s Church, North Walpole
- Savings Bank of Walpole (Westminster St. branch)
- Mascoma Bank
- Spencer’s Place
- Walpole library
- Perforated tags will be displayed on bulletin boards. Please touch ONLY the tags that you wish to take.
- Fill out your name and contact information on one half of the perforated tag and leave it in the container provided; retain the other half of the tag as your “shopping list” and attach it to the purchased, unwrapped gift.
AGAIN: DO NOT WRAP THE GIFT THIS YEAR. Only attach the tag. This is a departure from previous years.
- Return purchased gifts to any of those same locations before the end of November. They will be picked up weekly.
- Donations: If you do not wish to shop but would like to contribute, choose one of these options as early as possible, to allow us time to purchase the items:
- Put your chosen tag and your donation in an envelope in the collection container, and we will shop for you, OR
- Put a donation only in the collection container, to be used for unclaimed tags, wrapping paper for the families, and so on.
The purchased gifts will be quarantined for a week before they are sorted and bagged for the families. Then they will be quarantined again before the families pick them up.
Thank you so much for your help with this project. Together we can brighten the holidays for many local families!
Direct questions about the project to Jeanne or Marcia at email@example.com.